Nearby Tweets uses the Google Maps API to work out your location and show you Twitter users and Tweets for your location. You can use Nearby Tweets to find Twitter users who live near you. You can also search a word to find what people nearby are Twittering about that subject.
I actually set the location to the town where I grew up and found someone I went to school with - very cool.
Previously Featured Twitter Maps
- TweetMapper -create your own map of tweets
- Tmeet.me - send a Tweet about where you want to meet.
- TwitterVision - real time map of Twitter messages. Messages are mapped to the profile locations of members.
- Swearing on Twitter Map - map of Tweets that have swear words.
- Bail Out Chatter on Twitter - the latest Twitter comments about the bail out
- Barnabu Twitter Snow - Google Earth Browser weather map using #UKsnow updates
- Create Your Own Twitter Map - a great article on how to create your own Twitter Map by Tony Hirst
- Twitters - a Twitter map which shows the plotted Twitter members in a sidebar beside the map
- Hot Trends and Twitter - who is Twittering about Google's Hot Trends
- Twitter Spy - real-time Twitters on a Google Map
- Hot Trends and Twitter -Map of Twitter messages that mentions any of the current Google hot trends
- Schmap GeoTweeter for iPhone - automatically include a 'schmap.me' link when Twittering from your iPhone
- Mapof.it - provides a really simple way to get a map or a route without first visiting Google Maps
- Plazz.me - Enter your address into a search box and create a short url for Twitter.
- UseAMap.com - Zoom to a location and choose your url
- LookLeap - Add this bookmarklet to your browser. Click the bookmarklet when you want to create a small url
- LocationMap.org - Enter a map location and define your own URL ending, e.g. http://locationmap.org/myHouse